Welcome to the Kensington West Online Application
RENTAL ACCEPTANCE GUIDELINES
APPLICATION PROCESSING FEES:
- Application fees are $50.00 per person or married couple.
- All applicants must be eighteen (18) years or older or be a legally emancipated minor to apply for an apartment. All occupants over eighteen (18) are required to complete an application and be a lease holder.
- No cash accepted. We accept personal checks, money orders and/or cashier's check. We also accept all major credit cards, visit our website at www.kensingtonwestapts.com, convenience fees will apply.
- Application screening includes current and previous employment, rental history, credit check, eviction/skip search and a criminal background check.
- A security deposit reserves an apartment home and is due when approved at Kensington West. Security deposits will be forfeited in full if cancellation occurs by applicant after approval.
- Derelict and/or Commercial Vehicles are not allowed on property and will result in a denial.
- A maximum of two people in a1 bdr/1ba unless the third occupant is younger than 24 months.
- A maximum of four people in a 2 bdr/2ba unless the fifth occupant is younger than 24 months.
- Guests may not reside in home longer than three (3) days without written consent from management.
- Household verifiable gross income must equal or be greater than three (3) times the Market rental rate.
- Six (6) months at present job or verifiable former employment or an employment offer letter. Three current pay stubs are required. If self-employed, most current tax return and bank statements for the previous two (2) months must be presented. Applicants employed on a commission only or base pay plus tips/commissions/bonuses are considered self-employed (if unable to qualify on base income).
- Monthly outstanding debt payments (including rent) should not exceed 33 percent of monthly gross income.
- No outstanding debt to any housing provider and/or utility provider unless proof of payment in full is provided by debtor.
- Bankruptcy history is acceptable if closed over one year and good credit is reflected for the most recent 24 months.
- International applicants may present a valid passport and/or other valid government issued identification in lieu of domestic credit history.
- A co-signer will not be acceptable for an applicant(s) with poor credit or eviction.
- Positive rental history for the past twelve (12) months must be verified by your previous landlord. First time renters and Active Military will be considered to be good history, unless credit states otherwise.
- No more than (3) late payments within a 12 month period and no more than 2 NSF payments within a 12 month period will be allowed. Good conduct for the least (6) months is required from previous rental verification.
- No history of evictions or broken leases.
- No misdemeanors involving fire arms, drugs, theft, destruction of property, and/or crimes against a person, or any crime involving a minor in the past 10 years.
- A previous felony does not automatically decline your rental application. Each of them are reviewed and a decision is made by the credit screening company based on severity and length since occurrence.
I hereby authorize and direct any federal, state, or local agency, organization, business or individual to release information that will verify in facts as represented on my application to rent an apartment with Kensington West. I further understand that if I am not present, my signature must be notarized on this form and the application. I understand all parties involved must sign all legal documents and all monies due be paid in full prior to Kensington West releasing keys on the premises.
Please use the button below to pay the application and admin fees. Thank you.
By clicking the button below to begin the application, you understand and agree that you have read and accept the information above.
Please choose "I Agree" to continue to the application.